Precision 464kC Switch Matrix System
Computer Controlled Analog Signal Switching Replaces Tedious Manual Patch Panels
The 464kC is a 3-stage non-blocking solid state switching system, providing up to the equivalent of a 256 x 256 rectangular coordinate switch with 65,536 cross points while using only 24,064 cross points. It uses 63% less cross points than a 256 x 256 rectangular coordinate switch, providing significant economy for large switching systems. This economy, as well as one-third the capacitive loading, is the main advantage of 3-stage switching systems.
The 464kC is a robust switching system that provides a uni-directional signal path from input to output while power is applied to the system. The 464kC is controlled by either of the following three methods; from the front panel, remotely using command line control or by running a graphical user interface on the host computer.
The 464kC uses its test subsystem to verify the system integrity. A Go/No-Go test checks the integrity of the current setup. Running the FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) exhaustively tests all possible switch settings and reports which plug-in modules are defective.
- Manage hundreds of channels with simple programming
- Forget the hours and expense of hand patching or hard wiring connections
- Enjoy the choice of front panel setup or convenient remote control from a host computer
464kC Switch Matrix System Salient Features:
Switch Matrix Characteristics
- 3-stage non-blocking solid-state switch matrix
- High density: 65,536 equivalent cross points in one mainframe
- Matrix sizes to meet unique requirement: 256 x 256, 224 x 224, 192 x 192,
160 x 160, 128 x 128 and 96 x 96
- Bus frames to form larger systems: 256 x 512, 512 x 256 and 512 x 512, for example
- Modular construction using plug-in cards
- Front panel control or remote host PC control via Ethernet or RS-232
- Spreadsheet style graphical user interface for host PC control
- Non-volatile storage of switch configurations: store up to 5 setups in the system, store unlimited setups on host PC
- System health monitoring of power supply, fans and internal temperatures
- Built-in self-tests with diagnostics to verify the integrity of the switch system and user setup
- ±10 Vpk for each signal path
- Differential Input
- DC to 1 MHz