Computer Controlled Analog Signal Switching Replaces Tedious Manual Patch Panels
The Precision 464kC switch matrix system is a reliable solid-state switch matrix system that provides computer-controlled connections between any input and any output. Configure a single 464kC for up to 256 inputs and 256 outputs, or build a larger system by bussing two or more systems together to form an array that has almost unlimited possibilities.
The 464kC is a 3-stage non-blocking solid state switching system, providing up to the equivalent of a 256 x 256 rectangular coordinate switch with 65,536 cross points while using only 24,064 cross points. It uses 63% less cross points than a 256 x 256 rectangular coordinate switch, providing significant economy for large switching systems. This economy, as well as one-third the capacitive loading, is the main advantage of 3-stage switching systems.
The balanced differential input buffers eliminate noise pickup problems and correctly reference the signal inputs to their corresponding ground.
The built-in Go/No-Go test feature automatically verifies run-time setup by checking each programmed connection using a direct input-to-output measurement. The 464kC FAT routines measure switch system parametrics, including gain, crosstalk and open/short, in situ to verify performance and provides full test reports.
Save time and reduce errors on your switch system setups with the easy to use spreadsheet style Graphical User Interface. Save configurations and download them to your switch system over the network—and your tests are ready to go. Program the switch from your application via the high-level Ethernet interface. Edit configurations offline in Excel.
- Manage hundreds of channels with simple programming
- Forget the hours and expense of hand patching or hard wiring connections
- Reliable and dependable solid-state switches
- Easy to use input and output setups with the convenient spreadsheet style GUI, high-level Ethernet command set or front panel control
- Balanced differential input buffers reduce noise susceptibility
464kC Switch Matrix System Salient Features:
Switch Matrix Characteristics
- 3-stage non-blocking solid-state switch matrix
- High density: 65,536 equivalent cross points in one mainframe
- Matrix sizes to meet unique requirement: 256 x 256, 224 x 224, 192 x 192,
- 160 x 160, 128 x 128 and 96 x 96
- Bus frames to form larger systems: 256 x 512, 512 x 256 and 512 x 512, for example
- Modular construction using plug-in cards
- Spreadsheet style graphical user interface for host PC control
- Remote Ethernet interface command control
- Front panel control
- Non-volatile storage of switch configurations: store up to 8 setups in the system, store unlimited setups on host PC
- System health monitoring of power supply, fans and internal temperatures
- Solid-state switches are more reliable than mechanical rely systems
- Built-in self-tests with diagnostics to verify the integrity of the switch system and user setup
- ±10 Vpk for each signal path
- Balanced Differential Input
- DC to 1 MHz
- Single-ended with manually selectable ground sense