Octal Thermocouple Conditioner with Enhanced Accuracy
The 28208A 8-Channel Thermocouple Conditioner provides eight channels of conditioning for all commonly used thermocouple types. The 28208A consists of a low-drift programmable differential pre-amplifier, a 4-pole programmable filter and a programmable post-filter amplifier. The card can be used for static (DC) or dynamic (AC) temperature measurements, and can also function as a low-level DC or AC filter/amplifier (< 1 mV to 10 V inputs).
The 1U rack-mountable Isothermal block with integral digital temperature sensor provides pluggable screw terminal connection to the thermocouple wires with better than 0.15 degree accuracy in reference junction compensation.
The 28208A 8-Channel Thermocouple Conditioner is a member of the Precision 28000 family of signal conditioners.
28208A 8-Channel Thermocouple Conditioner Features:
- Precise cold junction compensation for type B, E, J, K, N, R, S and T thermocouples
- Programmable gain: x1, 10, 100, 1000 with out-band reserve setting of x1 or x10
- Programmable 4-pole Bessel low-pass filter (1, 10, 100 Hz and wideband)
- Remote isothermal block with digital temperature sensor
- Automatic adjustment of DC offset
- Low temperature coefficient of offset and gain
- Open thermocouple detection
- Overload detection
- 128 channels per 28016 chassis
- 64 channels per 28008 chassis
32 channels per 28004 chassis
16 channels per 28002 chassis
Verification at Test Time
Continual setup, tear down and reconfiguring of sensitive test equipment demands a rigorous protocol to prove that every channel is operating correctly at test time. The 28000 System provides a layer of built-in verification and validation capability to confirm proper operation of the measurement system including sensor and cable. Upon completion of the verification testing, a status report is provided as a defendable means to document system validity at the time of the actual test.
All test systems require periodic calibration. The Precision 28000’s automated built-in test capabilities allow the user to perform convenient, affordable NIST traceable yearly calibration tests on-site without removing the system from the equipment rack. This eliminates the need for expensive off-site calibrations and system downtime.
Learn more about 28000 NIST Traceable Testing >